Thursday, August 2, 2007

Vacation Time

So last Friday was it for me at work. All I can really say about it is that it was an extremely bizarre day. Just weird. But the cutest thing in all the world happened -- each of my co-workers brought me an apple. My desk was covered in apples as they all wished me well on pursuing my teaching career. The best part, though, was when the three foreign employees came up to me and said, "I don't know why, but I was told to give you an apple."

And now I'm in Houston. I've divided my time into eating and floating in the pool. Tomorrow we're headed to the beach for the weekend and right now it's storming. Normally, I feel a little guilty when I have time off and Matt doesn't, but he's currently in Germany with work, so the guilt? Not so much. But I do miss him. I know he's jealous of all the food I've consumed. I mean, who wants to eat sausage for dinner??

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Believe it or not, they actually don't have Chick-Fil-A here in Germany! I can't believe it! So I am quite jealous of that - also I've been unable to located a Los Cucos. Hopefully I'll find one this weekend.
Miss you!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're done with HDR. And I love that they got you apples. Kind of like that one time when your class got you a Dumbledore cake.

Love you!

Unknown said...

No guilt huh..... well let me help you out with that. While you and your husband are just hanging out around the world and such I'm stuck at work... and yes with all your husband's and his friend Bryan's projects! Woohoo Me! Can you sense the bitterness!!!!

Nicole said...

Oh Laura... you poor, poor soul. Because I feel sorry for you, I bought you a pint of cake batter. Just for you and all your hard work! See you next week!

Unknown said...

All my worries are suddenly gone....WOW the amazing ability of the Cake Batter!! Can't wait till you come home!'

HAVE FUN!!

Anonymous said...

I do

Dad