Sunday, July 22, 2007

No Spoilers Here

Oh, Harry. Harry, Harry, Harry.

Perfect. Just perfect.

So Friday evening, we had dinner with several of our neighbors. Matt and I knew we had to leave by ten, though, and the entire hour leading up to that I was a total dud. I couldn't think of anything else other that THE SEVENTH BOOK WAS ALMOST HERE. None of them are Harry Potter fans, so I was trying to be kind with my departure, but THE SEVENTH BOOK WAS ALMOST HERE! By 10:15, we ditched them and were on our way to the party at
Powell's.

We showed up around 10:30 and found the end of the line. It seemed terribly long, and it was, but I have never experienced a faster moving line. We were in and out by 12:30, which I think is quite impressive, considering the line weaved through every aisle. We got our copies and ran out to the car to GET HOME. Such an exciting weekend, to know this was the only chance to find everything out on your own, before everyone in the world knows. So magical.


And the weeknd? KICKED ASS.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Y'all bought two! So cute. Chad didn't want his own copy, so I read it first while he re-read the sixth book, and then he began the seventh yesterday morning.

Ah. All is well.

Unknown said...

I just love you two. I'm glad Matt is reading the book instead of waiting for the CD to come out. It truly is magical!

Did you love Neville? Because I loved him.

Anonymous said...

The CD is already out for our vision impaired friends. Katy needs to get with the times.

Scott said...

Neville and Luna are, by far, my favorite characters in the series, and Neville might be the single best fictional character in the history of modern fiction (right next to Sam Gamgee).

Amber said...

Did Scott really just compare Neville to Sam? I think he has just opened a can...

Seth

Unknown said...

Oh, man! I'm so out of touch, Matt! I really do need to catch up.

Scott said...

Yes, I made that comparison, and I stand by it!

Amber said...

First... Yes I've read the books, Nic. Granted, I have not read the last book (yet), and the first two I listened to on c.d., but I read all the others. I am quite familiar with the story line and characters and find Neville to be quite the annoying character. There is nothing I loathe more than an author trying to make the point that even annoying little twerps, who can barely cast a spell no less, can be heroes too. That's just a stretch.

Second... I do like Luna, Scott. Mostly because she's crazy and "artsy". My wife is "artsy". That's good enough for me.

Third... Sam is bad-a. Talk about loyalty, courage, and a never-say die attitude. That fat little fella can storm the gates of Mordor with or without second breakfast. What a hero!

Nicole said...

Seth and Scott, both your opinions are valid. Also, I just really enjoy you two.

Anonymous said...

Who is Harry Potter?

Love
Dad