Friday, July 13, 2007

The Beauty of Blue Bell

I feel much better today. Today I am excited and hopeful. In two weeks, I will be walking away from my terrible job for good. And the day after that, I will be flying to H-town to pick up some cake batter Blue Bell. I told my family I was coming to visit them, but I'm actually on a mission to bring back as much cake batter ice cream with me as possible. I was made to love this stuff.

When my mom visited two months ago, she brought a whole variety of Blue Bell pints with her. We still have a few in our freezer. One of them was cake batter, and ohmygod, the second it touched my mouth, I felt heaven. We totally got our church on, with all the Jesus-praising that happened in our kitchen. It's so good, it would make Nietzsche believe God was alive and kicking again -- if Nietzsche were alive and kicking. Matt and I committed to two spoonfuls a day, and we held to it. We finally ran out a few weeks ago, and it was a very sad moment. I wanted to dip my head in the container and lick the sides because surely, surely the taste had been absorbed. I didn't, though; I still have some of my dignity, thankyouverymuch.

But in two weeks and one day, I will be reunitied with the lovely cake batter ice cream. And I will stock up and bring some home, making sure to buy enough to share with friends. If you haven't tried it, go now. But if I run into you at the store, and there's only one pint left, I will kick you in the face. Nothing comes between me and my ice cream.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it!

Cake Batter, Cake Batter - we love you!!

Unknown said...

I just love that stuff, thanks to you. It is like a little bit of heaven right there in my freezer door. Mmm.

Anonymous said...

You already know how proud I am of you to take the step and not let fear hold you back. I Love You!

My wish for you
Is that this life becomes all that you want it to
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small
You never need to carry more than you can hold
And while you’re out there gettin’ where you’re gettin’ to
I hope you know somebody loves you
And wants the same things too
Yeah, this is my wish

I hope you never look back but you never forget
All the ones who love you
And the place you left
I hope you always forgive and you never regret
And you help somebody every chance you get
Oh, you find God’s grace in every mistake
And always give more than you take
But more than anything, yeah more than anything

This is my wish
I hope you know somebody loves you
May all your dreams stay big

Anonymous said...

I meant to put this on your other comment about quiting your job. But, I'm proud of you for choosing a new flavor of ice cream, that's a big step for you too. I'll start keeping my eye out for you. Bring the ice chest with berries and I'll trade you. Can't wait, 11 more days.

Chelsea Hudson said...

i. need. bluebell. i am getting it on Friday. FRIDAY I tell you. i think it will help the nausea go away, don't you?