Thursday, November 6, 2008

Whether You Consider it a Win or Loss, At Least it's OVER

There are two reasons why I love living in Oregon during an election. First, we only do mail-in ballots. I spent one evening researching our state’s measures and candidates and voted on what I believed ALL FROM THE COMFORT OF MY COUCH. And then! I just put it in my mailbox! Some have said this leads to conspiracy (I'm usually all for a good conspiracy, but I've chosen to sit this one out.), and some say it’s not as meaningful as standing in line and being in a booth. I don’t care; mail-in ballots are totally on my top five of favorite things ever.

The other reason why I love elections in Oregon is because of the time difference. I don’t have to stay up late watching the news, waiting and wondering. As soon as the west coast states’ polls closed at 8pm, guess what happened? We had a new president, a president that I won't deny I voted for. Feel free to either thank or hate California, Oregon, and Washington.

I ran into some old-coworkers yesterday who are lovely people. Outspoken people. Very political people. And this video made me laugh so much thinking about them.

I just hope they don’t die.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are awesome, Nicole.

Nicole said...

Mr. Forbes, you're the ONLY ONE in my life who I was afraid to tell I voted for Obama.Perhaps I have this childlike desire to always make you proud??

Anonymous said...

I have to confess, I voted for Jimmy Carter in 1976. Yuk.

Nicole said...

HA! Love you, Mr. Forbes!

Unknown said...

OMG, this is so hilarious. I wondered...