Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Why the Blob

So the blob was for our children's ministry at church. The early childhood kids are learning about creation this summer, and the blob is the "soup of nothingness," as The Message calls it. I actually find it pretty creepy to imagine this endless abyss that was the beginning, but the kids ate it up. They just loved the blob. As we taught them the story inside the blob, they just sat in awe. And that's why it's cool to watch a little kid learn about God -- they don't get wrapped up in the questioning and doubts and fears. They just take it as it is. It's refreshing to be around.

Matt and I are leaving this afternoon for Arkansas. Now that I've been away from N-dub for nearly three years, going back has become more nostalgic. I'm over my GETMEOUTOFHERENOW phase, and now it's just really fun and special for Matt and I to go back together. The first four years of our relationship took place in Arkansas. We're excited to see family again and catch up with old friends. And I'm getting the shakes just thinking about eating Chick-fil-a. Number one combo with a coke, please.

And next week, Matt is likely going somewhere for work so I'm staying with my favorite family for a few days. Everyone should be very jealous.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I get it. You get inside of the blob. That is really cool.

I wish I was going to be in Northwest Arkansas next week. I am jealous. Give the area a hug for me.

Unknown said...

Man, how I miss college. And Siloam. And living with you. And some other stuff. Sigh. Back to work I go!

Seth said...

I need you to blog about how much fun you had at our house, and how you ate well, despite the fact that we were on a diet of sticks and twigs, and how we made you basil drinks, and we laughed, and cried...

You know, the stuff.