Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Twenty Dollar Misunderstanding

Matt's out of town right now, and I'm leaving town tomorrow, but he's coming back in a few days, so I did what any good wife would do: stocked up on frozen foods. While I was driving to the store, Matt called. I told him what I was doing, and he asked if I'd pick up some wine for him, just one or two. I thought this was a bit odd because Matt is much more likely to have a beer or a gin and tonic rather than a glass of wine while he's home alone. In fact, the image of Matt sitting at home alone watching tv with a bottle of wine is really making me grin right now.

I pulled into Trader Joe's, picked out two bottles of wine, grabbed some burritos and pizza, and went on with my day. When Matt called later, I mentioned that I got him his wine.

"Why did you buy me wine?"

"Well, you asked for it. Really, Matt, start remembering things!"

"No... I asked for limes, one or two."

"Oh. ... ... well, limes sure would have been cheaper for me to buy."

See? I knew he'd rather have a gin and tonic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you women say men don't listen.

Anonymous said...

i like this story.