Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Apprentice: Season Who Cares Anymore

Life has been a bit hectic around the Tatum house for the past week or so. It’s like all our meetings, volunteer activities, work projects, school work, and laundry joined forces and created an epic battle over our time and energy. And oh did we come out sore losers. Quite literally.

Matt recruited me to help him out on a project for some ugly Nike boot that will soon be seen in stores near you. If you’re in the ghetto. The project has become a beast of sorts, and Matt’s office got stuck with the task of packing and shipping a million displays, which meant that Matt, Bryan & Laura (such kind friends and lovely co-workers), and I got stuck with the task of packing and shipping a million displays. This is to say that none of us can walk straight or feel our legs or feet or properly use our brains anymore. We have become a delirious group of people, pulling saws out of our purses at Chili’s, shouting to the chickens that are running around the warehouse, and truly believing that one of us is going to get fired by Trump when we have to go to the boardroom tomorrow.

We are all exhausted and sore. I am so tired that last night I woke Matt while screaming and wiggling in bed. I had a dream that there was a spider, who also happened to be an illegal immigrant from Mexico, on my neck and I couldn't’t get it off. I hate having things on my neck. As Matt woke me up, I went from screaming to laughing because I just realized what was really going on. I also had a dream that The View had a new cast: an old bald man, Joy (the red head), and a 5 year old Asian girl. It was not very good.

So today, I am tired. And I know the others are as well. But I have to admit, it has been fun watching Matt in action. He’s a pretty awesome project manager, and when we go into the boardroom tomorrow, you know who I’m going to throw under the bus? The damn chicken that crapped all over our car.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is my favorite post ever! Things have been pretty ridiculous lately!

Unknown said...

I don't even know half of what's been going on, but this post made me laugh. You are such a funny blogger.

Good luck with the chickens.

Unknown said...

Cheers to that! I have to be honest, I hurt really bad and don't feel like myself, I think this experience has forever changed me!

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh and miss you so much, here's to hoping for October.
Love,Love you!

Chelsea Hudson said...

YEAH!!!!! OK, you come out first, cause , well i won't be able to fly till after baby comes and so, well, you just have to come. Deal.