Monday, June 9, 2008

Who me? Complain?

I know I've been a bit on the whiny side lately. And frankly, I feel my whines have been totally justified with the crappy weather, the illness, and my pending unemployment. But, I like myself more when I feel grateful. So, taking a cue from one of my favorite people in the world, here's my list of things that make me happy. (Because I actually AM happy. )

My sister is visiting in less than one week, and she'll be here for eight full days. I am just so overcome with excitement!! I can't wait to see her again, to laugh and be totally immature with her. There is no better sister than Steph, and she's all mine for EIGHT DAYS.

I'm the 3s room leader at my church, and my love for this ministry and my kids grows each week. I'm thankful for all my little friends who make me laugh and smile and are so excited to color with me. I love the stories they share from their little lives about gardening and monsters and mom and dad. They are a breath of fresh air.

Being able to teach this past year was the most unexpected surprise. There were plenty of tough moments and plenty of tears from stress, but it was always the best job for me, and I never doubted that. I am grateful that when my seniors left, I was so sad to see them go.

And even though I'm 5 days away from unemployment, I'm hopeful. I am grateful.

4 comments:

Amber said...

You're my favorite, ever!

Anonymous said...

I know it's wrong, but I am so JEALOUS of Stephanie getting you and not me!

Nic said...

I just found your blog!! I love it!! I'm so sad you are looking for a job again . . . my mom will love to hear about your flipping off the POrtland weather, you and her can so relate!! You teach the 3's?? You could have the twins in your class, wow, you'd love that! It was just good to read your thougths, love ya girl! Have a blast with Steph!! Tell Matt hello!!

Scott said...

Remember when we (or maybe just I?) realized how your sister was totally hilarious? Yeah, that was awesome.