Saturday, February 23, 2008

I Forgot This Thing Was For Writing

Seriously. I'm on here often enough to read other blogs, but rarely does it dawn on me to actually write. And of course since I have, oh, 800 billion papers sitting next time me waiting to be graded, I suddenly found something to blog.

Actually, I've got nothing.

But, hi. 29 more days until Spring Break!! We're going down to Cabo, (how very cliche, I know) and I can't wait. Actually, I wouldn't mind first going back in time, grabbing my body from our honeymoon, and holding on to it for dear life because that body? IS GONE. Do you know how long I stared at a picture of fried chicken and gravy today? Too long to admit. Deprivation is a bitch.

Other than that, school's going well. We barely made it through Hamlet, but we're now soaring through Candide. How lucky am I to teach Candide?! I want to hug my curriculum.

So that's all. Told you, I've got nothing -- except a huge stack of mediocre papers to read.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nic. Did you know that I've been checking your blog every single day since the last time you posted? I just go down my little blogroll when I get to work every morning and check my blogs for updates. And, I'll be honest, there are a lot of blogs that I skip. But yours, I never skip. And today it paid off.

Candide. I love it. You know when all your little students graduate college and experience the mind-numbing, soul-draining reality that is life after school, they're going to think back to Candide and remember that sometimes the best solution is to keep their heads down and work.

That's what gets me through most days, anyhow.

Also, I simply cannot believe that your body is all that different from how it was a few years ago. Eat that fried chicken. Go on. Eat it.

Loves.

Amber said...

I love Big Whoop's blog writer!

Jealous of your papers,
Amber